THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR CAREERS SECTION FOR MORE AVAILABLE OPENINGS. THANK YOU.
Our company is Fleetondemand where we deliver a new technology platform to the Fleet, Automotive and Vehicle rental markets. Our vision is to use our expertise and technology to deliver industry leading software and e-trading marketplaces to our customers, partners and suppliers. Through desktop, web and mobile web, we aim to deliver access to information and services wherever you are.
Mobilleo is Fleetondemand’s market leading MaaS solution that consolidates all forms of travel into a single desktop and smartphone application. Mobilleo provides access to thousands of global travel providers allowing users to find, book and pay for their entire journey as one single door-to-door itinerary in seconds, saving time and money.
OUR DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Each product has its own team made up of developers of different levels managed by a Product Director. Developers are responsible for the solutions that they work on, but also contribute to the efforts of the rest of their team through discussions and code review. We share best practice and learning across our product teams. We work with our colleagues outside of development understanding the needs of our customers and their users.
- You will have typically have more than four years prior experience developing software and excel in finding or devising software solutions to problems.
- You will have a good deal of knowledge about IT, software development and have a strong understanding of how the Internet works.
- You will have a proven track record of building and maintaining mobile applications in a senior role.
- You will have experience in discussing projects amongst technical and business teams, internally and externally.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is not mandatory but we would expect you to be able to demonstrate ongoing learning throughout your career.
- You will have a positive and solution-orientated mindset.
SKILLS WE’LL NEED FROM YOU
- Good written and verbal English.
- Follow our coding style, best practices, helping to define and promote them across the team.
- Architect and write modular, maintainable, performant and secure code. Ensure that these approaches are being applied across your team’s codebases.
- Identify and solve problems, proposing effective solutions.
- Contribute to improving development workflow.
- Design and build new features and tools for our software.
- Lead or regularly be involved in product development and technical ideas sessions with other developers, business colleagues, external customers and suppliers.
- Participates in product development and technical ideas sessions with other developers and business colleagues.
- Ensure that thorough and timely code feedback is provided amongst peers. Make sure that your peers are completing tasks appropriately and any potential further work is identified.
- Lead or participate in the wider development lifecycle including requirements analysis, solution design & documentation.
- Be able to manage your own development environment and help others with theirs.
- Engage with our code review process.
- Be able to manage your own development environment.
- Solid understanding of mobile user interaction principles.
- Fluency with Swift
- Experience with UIKit
- A good understanding of UI/UX patterns and understanding of mobile user interaction principles.
- Experience of software testing, perhaps TDD.
- Experience of code version control, perhaps Atlassian Sourcetree.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with Swift UI
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
Friendly, Collaborative, Rewarding, Innovative, Open, Respectful, just some of the words used to describe our culture here at Fleetondemand.
- Excellent career development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Paid birthday day off
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Hub/breakout area
- Company healthcare scheme available to you after 1 year’s continuous service
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- Various salary sacrifice schemes including, Cyclescheme, Techscheme and Eyecare voucher scheme
- Excellent team culture and social events to recognise the hard work of our colleagues and reward great performance
- Workplace pension scheme
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
HOURS OF WORK
7.5-hour day excluding mandatory 60-minute unpaid lunch, with hours of duty for this role ranging between 0800 – 1800, Monday to Friday.
PLACE OF WORK
Part-remote, average 2 days/month in our Saltaire office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting salary £36,000 – £46,000 Dependant on experience with the opportunity for progression.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Basic Disclosure (DBS) Check as part of our recruitment process.
Not the job for you? We are also recruiting for other exciting roles. Visit https://www.fleetondemand.com/careers/ for further details