FOD Mobility UK is a leading provider of mobility solutions, from car rental to eScooter hire, we provide access via our suite of digital products including our consumer facing mobile app Mobilleo and its white labelled variants. You may well have used a FOD product without even knowing it!
Our Mobilleo app gives travellers the tool they need to plan complex journeys using multiple forms of transport and book in one seamless transaction. You might need a taxi to the station, a train and then a bus to your destination. Add in a hotel room, a meal allowance and a bike hire to explore the city. Then the return journey home. All booked in one app, all tickets available within a couple of clicks and for business travellers, all charged to your corporate account. You might have heard of Mobility as a Service or MaaS and this is how we describe our products.
We’re adding new suppliers every week, think buses, trains, car club, car rental, demand responsive travel, bike hire, eScooter hire, ferries, autonomous vehicles, flying taxis… We experiment with different app designs to improve accessibility, to make all modes equally discoverable and to bring the best possible user experience to the market.
We’re a small business with Yorkshire roots, operating from our modern head office in a converted mill in the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site that is Saltaire. Situated just 5 minutes’ walk from Saltaire train station and 10 minutes from Shipley train station you can connect in from Leeds in 18 minutes or Bradford in 13 minutes. As we have a dockside location, you can also commute via canal if that floats your boat…
This role is hybrid remote/office based which will require up to 5 consecutive days per month in the office (i.e. one chunk of time, not 1 day a week) and therefore is open to anyone working from home anywhere in the UK.
What you’ll do
MaaS is an emerging market and to be competitive in this field requires constant innovation. Competition is all around from other MaaS operators providing simple journey planners and single mode booking apps. Our customers come to Mobilleo because we provide a frictionless way to consolidate multiple modes of travel with all the power and flexibility of a travel company, right there in your phone.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Developer who shares our passion for driving innovation, delivering the best possible experience for users and is up for the challenge to revolutionise the travel industry. You’ll lead the iOS team within a Scrum framework working with the Product Owner and Scrum Master and you’ll have support from peers in Android and web teams. You’ll work closely with the back end team as well as colleagues from product and design, not to mention the wider company including marketing, sales, customer delivery and so on.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the team responsible for the iOS application from a technical viewpoint.
- Collaborate with the wider business including your counterparts in Android and web to define and ship new features and new apps as required.
- Design and build industry leading applications for the iOS platform.
- Identify and solve problems, proposing effective solutions.
- Contribute to improving development workflow.
- Fix application bugs as prioritised by the Product Owner.
- Design and build new features and tools for our application.
- Maintain product documentation.
What you’ll need for this role:
- Proven track record in a senior iOS developer role or extensive experience as an intermediate level developer that gives you the ability to step up to senior.
- Working with an API mindset.
- Deployment of apps on Apple Appstore and use of deployment, testing and provision tools.
- Working with Appstore metrics.
- Working within and working around Apple’s HMI guidance.
- Good understanding of WCAG accessibility guidelines.
- Swift for commercial applications.
- Use of SDLC tools framed around the Atlassian Suite.
- Working within an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection
- Unit and Integration testing
- Worked on eCommerce apps.
- Worked within travel industry.
- UX/UI design knowhow.
- Worked in a Scrum team.
What we offer you:
Friendly, Collaborative, Positive, Rewarding, Innovative, Respectful, Fun, Open, just some of the words used to describe our culture here at Fleetondemand.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays).
- Paid birthday day off.
- Free on-site parking.
- Employee Hub/breakout area.
- Company healthcare scheme available to you after 1 year’s continuous service.
- Occupational sick pay scheme.
- Various salary sacrifice schemes including, Cyclescheme, Techscheme and Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Social events to recognise the hard work of our colleagues and reward great performance
- Workplace pension scheme
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Remote working
Successful candidates will be subject to a Basic Disclosure (DBS) Check as part of our recruitment process.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org advising us which role you are applying for. Not the job for you? We are also recruiting for other exciting roles. Visit https://www.fleetondemand.com/careers/ for further details.