Our company is Fleetondemand where we deliver a new technology platform to the Fleet, Automotive and Vehicle rental markets. Our vision is to use our expertise and technology to deliver industry-leading software and e-trading marketplaces to our customers, partners and suppliers. Through desktop, web and mobile web, we aim to deliver access to information and services wherever you are.
Mobilleo is Fleetondemand’s market-leading MaaS solution that consolidates all forms of travel into a single desktop and smartphone application. Mobilleo provides access to thousands of global travel providers allowing users to find, book and pay for their entire journey as one single door-to-door itinerary in seconds, saving time and money.
OUR DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Each product has its own team made up of developers of different levels managed by a Product Director. Developers are responsible for the solutions that they work on but also contribute to the efforts of the rest of their team through discussions and code review. We share best practice and learning across our product teams. We work with our colleagues outside of development understanding the needs of our customers and their users.
- You will have typically have more than two years prior experience developing software and are comfortable finding or devising software solutions to problems.
- You’ll have knowledge about IT from a software perspective and understand technically how the Internet works.
- You will have a proven track record of building and maintaining web applications.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is not mandatory but we would expect all candidates to be enthusiastic about ongoing learning.
- You will have a positive and solution-orientated mindset.
SKILLS WE’LL NEED FROM YOU
- Good written and verbal English.
- Follow our coding style, best practices and help promote them across the team
- Write modular, maintainable, performant and secure code.
- Demonstrate the initiative when solving problems and propose effective solutions.
- Have the ability to identify and repair bugs in software.
- Build new features and tools for our software.
- Have a good understanding of building and working with APIs.
- Be actively involved in product development and technical ideas sessions with other developers, business colleagues, external customers and suppliers.
- Provides thorough and timely code feedback for peers, generally leaving minimal work for later reviews/maintainers.
- Participate in the wider development lifecycle including requirements analysis, solution design & documentation.
- Proficiency with PHP is preferable, as is a good understanding of MVC or similar design patterns. We will consider candidates with experience of other OO languages.
- Proficiency with VueJS or ReactJS is preferable, as is a good understanding of MVVM or similar design patterns. We will consider candidates with experience of other JavaScipt frameworks.
- Be able to manage your own development environment.
- Comfortable using the command line and linux tools.
- Experience with Webpack, SASS, Stylus, BableJS or other frontend build tools.
- Experience of building responsive web applications.
- Experience of web accessibility and UI performance testing.
- Good experience of relational databases.
- Have a working understanding of code version control.
- Actively engage in knowledge share with colleagues.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience of software testing.
- Experience of other storage solutions such as key/value, document store, caching etc.
- Experience of working with a web application framework such as Symfony, Laravel, Codelgniter etc.
- Experience of working with i10n/i18n.
- Enhanced understanding of security and performance.
- Experience of owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Devops experience.
- Experience of deploying and maintaining production systems.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
Friendly, Collaborative, Rewarding, Innovative, Open, Respectful, just some of the words used to describe our culture here at Fleetondemand.
- Excellent career development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Paid birthday day off
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Hub/breakout area
- Company healthcare scheme available to you after 1 year’s continuous service
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- Various salary sacrifice schemes including, Cyclescheme, Techscheme and Eyecare voucher scheme
- Excellent team culture and social events to recognise the hard work of our colleagues and reward great performance
- Workplace pension scheme
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
HOURS OF WORK
7.5-hour day excluding mandatory 60-minute unpaid lunch, with hours of duty for this role ranging between 0800 – 1800, Monday to Friday.
PLACE OF WORK
Part-remote, average 2 days/month in our Saltaire office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting salary of £26,000 – £36,000 Dependent on experience with the opportunity for progression.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Basic Disclosure (DBS) Check as part of our recruitment process.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com advising us which role you are applying for. Not the job for you? We are also recruiting for other exciting roles. Visit https://www.fleetondemand.com/careers/ for further details.