FOD Mobility UK is a leading provider of mobility solutions, from car rental to eScooter hire, we provide access via our suite of digital products including our consumer facing mobile app Mobilleo and its white labelled variants. You may well have used a FOD product without even knowing it!
Our Mobilleo app gives travellers the tool they need to plan complex journeys using multiple forms of transport and book in one seamless transaction. You might need a taxi to the station, a train and then a bus to your destination. Add in a hotel room, a meal allowance and a bike hire to explore the city. Then the return journey home. All booked in one app, all tickets available within a couple of clicks and for business travellers, all charged to your corporate account. You might have heard of Mobility as a Service or MaaS and this is how we describe our products.
We’re adding new suppliers every week, think buses, trains, car club, car rental, demand responsive travel, bike hire, eScooter hire, ferries, autonomous vehicles, flying taxis… We experiment with different app designs to improve accessibility, to make all modes equally discoverable and to bring the best possible user experience to the market.
We’re a small business with Yorkshire roots, operating remotely or from our modern head office in a converted mill in the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site that is Saltaire. Situated just 5 minutes’ walk from Saltaire train station and 10 minutes from Shipley train station you can connect in from Leeds in 18 minutes or Bradford in 13 minutes. As we have a dockside location, you can also commute via canal if that floats your boat…
This role is hybrid remote/office based which will require up to 5 consecutive days per month in the office (i.e., one chunk of time, not 1 day a week) and therefore is open to anyone working from home anywhere in the UK.
About the role
MaaS is an emerging market and to be competitive in this field requires constant innovation. Competition is all around from other MaaS operators providing simple journey planners and single mode booking apps. Our customers come to Mobilleo because we provide a frictionless way to consolidate multiple modes of travel with all the power and flexibility of a travel company, right there in your phone.
We’re looking for a Senior Android Developer who shares our passion for driving innovation, delivering the best possible experience for users and is up for the challenge to revolutionise the travel industry. You’ll lead the Android development team within a Scrum framework working with the Product Owner and Scrum Master with support from peers in Android and other native app and web teams. You will also work closely with the back-end team as well as colleagues from product design, not to mention the wider company including marketing, sales, customer delivery to mention a few.
- You will lead the team responsible for the native Android applications and white-labelled apps from a technical viewpoint.
- You will design and build industry leading applications for the Android platform.
- You will be part of the design process and responsible for building new features and tools for our applications.
- You will collaborate in product development and technical ideas sessions with other developers and business colleagues.
- You will be responsible for the management of the Android development environment.
- Are you able to identify and solve problems and propose effective solutions.
- You will contribute to improving development workflow.
- You will be responsible to ensure application bugs are fixed as and when identified.
- You will ensure that product documentation is maintained in Confluence.
Technical Skills & Experience
- You have at least 5-years extensive experience in Kotlin and Java.
- You have distributed and maintained several apps on the Google Play Store
- You can distribute apps through Google and the App Centre for beta testing
- You have good knowledge with Android SDK.
- You have good knowledge of MVVM architecture and experience in consuming RESTful APIs using Retrofit.
- You have experience in using Jetpack components
- You understand Clean Architecture and SOLID principles.
- You have knowledge of Dependency Injection
- You have experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience of code version control.
- Use of SDLC tools framed around the Atlassian Suite.
- You are a strong and confident communicator.
- Worked on eCommerce apps.
- Worked within travel industry.
- UX/UI design knowhow.
- Worked in a Scrum team
Hours of work
You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the core working hours of 8.00am to 6.00pm, on a rotated basis with an unpaid lunch break of 60 minutes.
Our values & behaviours
A great team starts with great individuals and at FOD Mobility Group we have recruited to bring together an exceptional mix of creative thinkers and talented software developers who all share the belief that ‘anything is possible’. The result is a team with the vision and freedom to constantly find new and exciting technology solutions that keep business people moving.
What we offer you
Friendly, Collaborative, Positive, Rewarding, Innovative, Respectful, Fun, Open, just some of the words used to describe our culture here at FOD Mobility Group.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent career development and training opportunities.
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays).
- Holiday buy & sell scheme – up to 5 days.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Free on-site parking.
- Employee Hub/breakout area.
- Company healthcare scheme available to you after 1 year’s continuous service.
- Occupational sick pay scheme.
- Various salary sacrifice schemes including, Cyclescheme, Techscheme and Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Social events and engagement initiatives to recognise the hard work of our colleagues and reward great performance.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme).
- Remote working.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Basic Disclosure (DBS) Check as part of our recruitment process.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org advising us which role you are applying for.
Not the job for you? We are also recruiting for other exciting roles. Visit https://www.fleetondemand.com/careers/ for further details.