Our company is Fleetondemand where we develop, support and provide service using our cloud-based applications within the vehicle leasing, rental, automotive and travel industries.
Fleetondemand brings together an exceptional mix of people, creative thinkers and talented individuals. The culture here at Fleetondemand is something we are incredibly proud of. Because Fleetondemand has a diverse workforce, you will have the opportunity to work with friendly, respectful, innovative and professional people.
Each product has its own team made up of developers of different levels managed by a Product Director. Developers are responsible for the solutions that they work on but also contribute to the efforts of the rest of their team through discussions and code review. We share best practice and learning across our product teams. We work with our colleagues outside of development understanding the needs of our customers and their users. The Senior UI/UX Designer will ideally have 5 + years’ experience in visual user interface design and be responsible for overseeing all user experience and design aspects of organisation’s products.
- Take ownership of the UX across the entire platform
- Improve quality and consistency throughout the platform
- Guide and inspire new functionality from initial conception through to final release
- Problem solve with small iterations are MVPs
- Work closely with product management and development teams
- Support the business by becoming an expert voice of our users, educating ourselves about the entire product, and staying engaged with business goals shared with us through the executive team and business partners in sales, marketing, and support
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A passion for all things UX from researching, writing, validating and sharing user needs, to testing, development and delivery.
- Maintain a strong information architecture
- Design holistic experiences and workflows
- Create hierarchy and a sense of direction to guide users through the flow
- Respect the importance of users’ work and avoid gimmicky details
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively
- Experience testing websites and software on a variety of platforms including iOS and Android mobile and devices
- Minimize distractions and clutter so users can focus
- Remove things that don’t contribute to the user flow
- Continuously iterate on our processes
- Think big but break it down into small steps
- Aggressively break down issues into the smallest effort that gets results
- When applying the MVC approach, make things smaller by reducing the scope of the job-to-be-done rather than sacrificing the end UX
- Whenever possible, start in low fidelity (wireframes, greyscale, etc.) to make sure we get it right before we go any further
We are extremely proud of our commitment to our employees and our great culture and in return we offer you:
- Cycle and Tech schemes
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 paid bank holidays)
- Day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Additional holiday leave for length of service
- Employee Hub/breakout area offering fresh fruit, cereals and toast each day, as well as coffee and Slush Puppie©
- Private Healthcare scheme upon 1 years’ service
- 5 days paid occupational sick pay in a 12-month period
- Friday cheers
- Excellent Opportunity for progression
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
(Conditions apply to all the above benefits and are detailed in our Employee Handbook. Further details are however available upon request)
HOURS OF WORK
You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, between the hours of 0830 – 1800.
Job type: Full-time
Salary: £36,000 – £46,000 (DOE)
If you’d like to join a proud Yorkshire Tech company that is passionate about its employees, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not work with any external recruitment agencies.