Our company is Fleetondemand where we develop, support, and provide service using our cloud-based applications within the vehicle leasing, rental, automotive and travel industries.
Fleetondemand brings together an exceptional mix of people, creative thinkers, and talented individuals. The culture here at Fleetondemand is something we are incredibly proud of. Because Fleetondemand has a diverse workforce, you will have the opportunity to work with friendly, respectful, innovative. and professional people.
OUR DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Each product has its own team made up of developers of different levels managed by a Product Director. Developers are responsible for the solutions that they work on but also contribute to the efforts of the rest of their team through discussions and code review. We share best practice and learning across our product teams. We work with our colleagues outside of development understanding the needs of our customers and their users.
- You will have typically have more than four years prior experience developing software and excel in finding or devising software solutions to problems.
- You’ll have a good deal of knowledge about IT, software development and have a strong understanding of how the Internet works.
- You will have a proven track record of building and maintaining web applications in a senior role.
- You will have experience in discussing projects amongst technical and business teams, internally and externally.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is not mandatory but we would expect you to be able to demonstrate ongoing learning throughout your career.
- You will have a positive and solution-orientated mindset.
SKILLS WE’LL NEED FROM YOU
- Good written and verbal English.
- Follow our coding style, best practices, helping to define and promote them across the team.
- Architect and write modular, maintainable, performant and secure code. Ensure that these approaches are being applied across your team’s codebases.
- Identify and solve problems, proposing effective solutions.
- Work with your team identifying, categorizing, and fixing bugs.
- Contribute to improving development workflow.
- Design and build new features and tools for our software.
- Have an expert level understanding of building and working with APIs.
- Lead or regularly be involved in product development and technical ideas sessions with other developers, business colleagues, external customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that thorough and timely code feedback is provided amongst peers. Make sure that your peers are completing tasks appropriately and any potential further work is identified.
- Lead or participate in the wider development lifecycle including requirements analysis, solution design & documentation.
- Proficiency with PHP is preferable, though we will consider candidates with strong experience of other OO languages. A solid understanding of MVC and other design patterns is required.
- Be able to manage your own development environment and help others with theirs.
- Comfortable using the command line and Linux tools.
- Comfortable using Webpack, SASS, Stylus, BableJS or other frontend build tools.
- Experience of building responsive web applications.
- Experience of web accessibility and UI performance testing.
- Good experience of relational databases.
- Have a good understanding of code version control.
- Lead and engage in knowledge share with colleagues.
- Enhanced understanding of security and performance.
- Experience of deploying and maintaining production systems.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience of software testing.
- Experience of working with i10n/i18n.
- Experience of other storage solutions such as key/value, document store, caching etc.
- Experience of owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Devops experience.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
Friendly, Collaborative, Rewarding, Innovative, Open, Respectful, just some of the words used to describe our culture here at Fleetondemand.
- Excellent career development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Paid birthday day off
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Hub/breakout area
- Company healthcare scheme available to you after 1 year’s continuous service
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- Various salary sacrifice schemes including, Cyclescheme, Techscheme and Eyecare voucher scheme
- Excellent team culture and social events to recognise the hard work of our colleagues and reward great performance
- Workplace pension scheme
Hours of work: 7.5-hour day excluding mandatory 60-minute unpaid lunch, with hours of duty for this role ranging between 0800 – 1800, Monday to Friday – flexibility is important.
Job Type: Full-time
Working from home opportunities are available, but some work from our Saltaire office will be required.
Salary: Starting salary £36,000 – £46,000 Dependant on experience with the opportunity for progression.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Basic Disclosure (DBS) Check as part of our recruitment process.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com advising us which role you are applying for.
Not the job for you? We are also recruiting for other exciting roles. Visit https://www.fleetondemand.com/careers/ for further details.