Based in Saltaire
Salary: £36,000 – £46,000, Full-Time
You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
At Fleetondemand, we develop, support and provide multiple services using our cloud-based applications within the vehicle leasing, rental, automotive and travel industries – namely, our award-winning Mobilleo platform. Fleetondemand brings together an exceptional mix of people, creative thinkers and talented individuals. The culture here at Fleetondemand is something we are incredibly proud of. With a diverse workforce, you will have the opportunity to work with friendly, respectful, innovative and professional people.
Our Development Team
Every product here at Fleetondemand has its own team made up of developers of different levels, as managed by a Product Director. Developers are responsible for the solutions that they work on, but also contribute to the efforts of the wider development team through discussions and code reviews. We pride ourselves on sharing best practices and learning across our product teams, and work with our colleagues across the wider business to understand the needs of our customers and their users.
What we’re looking for:
- You will have typically have more than four years prior experience developing software and excel in finding or devising software solutions to problems.
- You’ll have a good deal of knowledge about IT, software development and have a strong understanding of how the Internet works.
- You will have a proven track record of building and maintaining web applications in a senior role.
- You will have experience in discussing projects amongst technical and business teams, internally and externally.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is not mandatory but we would expect you to be able to demonstrate ongoing learning throughout your career.
- You will have a positive and solution-orientated mindset.
- Good written and verbal English.
- Follow our coding style, best practices, helping to define and promote them across the team.
- Architect and write modular, maintainable, performant and secure code. Ensure that these approaches are being applied across your team’s codebases.
- Identify and solve problems, proposing effective solutions.
- Work with your team identifying, categorizing and fixing bugs.
- Contribute to improving development workflow.
- Design and build new features and tools for our software.
- Have an expert level understanding of building and working with APIs.
- Lead or regularly be involved in product development and technical ideas sessions with other developers, business colleagues, external customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that thorough and timely code feedback is provided amongst peers. Make sure that your peers are completing tasks appropriately and any potential further work is identified.
- Lead or participate in the wider development lifecycle including requirements analysis, solution design & documentation.
- Proficiency with PHP is preferable, though we will consider candidates with strong experience of other OO languages. A solid understanding of MVC and other design patterns is required.
- Be able to manage your own development environment and help others with theirs.
- Comfortable using the command line and Linux tools.
- Comfortable using Webpack, SASS, Stylus, BableJS or other frontend build tools.
- Experience of building responsive web applications.
- Experience of web accessibility and UI performance testing.
- Good experience of relational databases.
- Have a good understanding of code version control.
- Lead and engage in knowledge share with colleagues.
- Enhanced understanding of security and performance.
- Experience of deploying and maintaining production systems.
- Experience of software testing.
- Experience of working with i10n/i18n.
- Experience of other storage solutions such as key/value, document store, caching etc.
- Experience of owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- DevOps experience.
We are extremely proud of our commitment to our employees and culture, and in return we offer:
- Cycle and Tech schemes
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 paid bank holidays)
- Day off for your Birthday
- Ability to buy and sell holidays
- Employee Hub/breakout area offering fresh fruit and cereals each day
- Private Healthcare scheme upon 1 years’ service
- 5 days paid occupational sick pay in a 12-month period upon 1 years’ service
- Friday cheers
- Excellent Opportunities for progression
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, to be confirmed to fit within the needs of the business.
If you’d like to join a proud Yorkshire Tech company that is passionate about its employees, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not work with any external recruitment agencies.