We’re innovative, entrepreneurial and love what we do. If you love what you do, then we want to hear from you.
A great team starts with great individuals and at Fleetondemand we have recruited to bring together an exceptional mix of creative thinkers and talented software developers who all share the belief that ‘anything is possible’. The result is a team with the vision and freedom to constantly find new and exciting technology solutions that keep business people moving.
At Fleetondemand we build and manage award-winning web applications used by the fleet, automotive and corporate travel markets both in the UK and across the globe. These systems are responsible for managing billions of pounds of business and are the key tools used by many people in their day-to-day work. We also prototype new products and try out new technologies to provide our customers with market-leading solutions helping them to win more business. Whilst we are busy working on customer projects we also seek to continually improve and automate our development, testing, deployment and support processes.
Talented, Innovative, Collaborative & Entrepreneurial. Our culture can be described in these words and our strategy is one of innovation and flexibility. We are open to the challenges technology presents with a view to constantly improving efficiencies and delivering results for our clients use of Technology. At Fleetondemand we believe in the phrase ‘anything is possible’ and whilst we ensure what we build is robust, secure and scalable, we’re not afraid to start with big ideas.
We have had strong growth in our 6 years of business and we are again looking to expand our product teams. We are currently based in Shipley, West Yorkshire (15 mins via regular train from Leeds) and will be opening a second office in Leeds city centre in 2018.
What we do for you
We are extremely proud of our commitment to our employees and great culture and in return we offer
• 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
• Free on-site parking
• Employee Hub/breakout area offering fresh fruit each day
• Company healthcare scheme will be available to you after 1 year’s continuous service.
• Various salary sacrifice schemes including, Cyclescheme, Techscheme and Childcare voucher scheme
• Regular team social events
What you will do for the team
We are looking for full-stack PHP/JS developers to join our product teams to improve our applications by:
• Adding new functionality that replaces business processes, maximising user productivity
• Researching system use to discover ways of providing a better experience for users
• Investigating system performance and devising optimisations in interface, code and architecture
• Participating in product development and technical ideas sessions
• Engaging in peer code reviews to improve team capability and quality
• Building new features and deploying systems to new customers
Skills & Experience
• Diligent approach to security and scalability
• User-focussed application design
• PHP and its use in OO MVC
• MySQL relational DB design and query writing
• Cross browser/device HTML and CSS
The following skills and experience would help you stand out, but we can also help you learn these on the job where required:
• Version control (we use git)
• Use of CSS pre-processors and templating engines (we use SASS and Twig)
• Apache & MySQL performance tuning
Hours of work
You will be required to work 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:30 & 17:30 to fit with the needs of the business.
If you are interested in joining our team then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org