Based in Saltaire
Up to £40,000 DOE
Hours of work: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, to be confirmed to fit within the needs of the business.
Are you motivated, energetic and looking to make an impact at one of the Top 100 fastest growing technology companies in the North of the UK?
Fleetondemand is a hugely ambitious Tech business operating from our HQ in Saltaire and our newest location Leeds, West Yorkshire.
From starting up in 2012 to achieving a market leading position in 2019, we are connecting the automotive world with that of travel via our new platform, Mobilleo. We love what we do and work hard to drive great culture and create an exciting business to become part of.
We’re looking for a battle-proven Senior Front-end Developer who is looking for a new challenge and can join us on our journey.
We have many challenges ahead to solve as a team, most of which we don’t think you’ll have ever come across before, so creativity and excellent communication skills is a must!
You’ll be expected to bring experience and knowledge gained from previous projects to the table, but you must also be willing to learn new tricks too. There will be plenty of discussion and debate, so if you’re looking to make an impact, grow and learn, this is the place to be.
We are extremely proud of our commitment to our employees and culture, and in return we offer:
- Cycle and Tech schemes
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 paid bank holidays)
- Employee Hub/breakout area offering fresh fruit and cereals each day
- Private Healthcare scheme upon 1 years’ service
- 5 days paid occupational sick pay in a 12-month period upon 1 years’ service
- Friday cheers
- Excellent Opportunities for progression
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
What we’re looking for:
- Keep up to date with the progress of issues
- Ability to think about and discuss the business case for UI/UX decisions
- Must have experience with VueJS, ReactJS or similar
- You write your JS in ES6 or TS
- Know your way around XHR and utilising various APIs
- Experience with Stylus, PostCSS and other pre/post-processors
- Utilise Webpack and/or other build tools
- Cross-browser performance testing and optimisation
- Propose new ideas, performing feasibility analysis and scoping the work
- Capable of leading complicated features, bug fixes and integrations with limited guidance
- Work to make the entire team more productive through their efforts by mentoring, improving processes, documenting, testing or tooling in a way that helps everyone in the team be more effective
- Improve on the quality of the code and test, keeping complexity contained as much as possible
- Fix bugs quickly
- Monitor overall code quality/build failures
- Provide thorough and timely code feedback to peers and communicate clearly on technical topics
- Present ideas to the rest of the team
Performance and Scalability
- Excellent at writing production-ready code with little assistance needed
- Able to fix performance issues with minimal guidance using our existing tools and improve these tools where needed
Also beneficial to the role, but not essential:
- i18, l10n
- Dataviz, SVG, CSS animation
- Electron, desktop and mobile apps.
- Docker / Vagran
- Any back-end development (we primarily use PHP)
- AWS / Google Cloud / Azur
If you’d like to join a proud Yorkshire Tech company that is passionate about its employees, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org