Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,0000 – £40,000 DOE per annum
Hours of work: 08.30-17.00 (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Based in Saltaire or Leeds
At Fleetondemand we build and manage award-winning web applications used by the fleet and automotive markets both in the UK and abroad. These systems are responsible for managing millions of pounds of business and are the key tools used by many people in their day-to-day work.
Fleetondemand is an entrepreneurial and innovative Tech business operating from our HQ in Saltaire and our newest location Leeds, West Yorkshire. We build and manage web applications used by the fleet and automotive markets both in the IK and abroad. We work with corporate organisations across business travel and global mobility solutions. Thousands of drivers use our technology every day for business use and travel. Our latest app, Mobilleo, is game changing and the first Mobility as a Service (MaaS) technology platform dedicated to business.
Friendly, Collaborative, Rewarding, Innovative, Open, Respectful, just some of the words used to describe our culture here at Fleetondemand.
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Employee Hub/breakout area offering fresh fruit and cereals each day
- Company healthcare scheme available to you after 1 year’s continuous service.
- Occupational sick pay scheme available to you after 1 year’s continuous service.
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- Friday Cheers
- Workplace pension scheme
- Opportunity for progression
Growing our Team
We have had strong growth in our years of business and we are again looking to expand our product teams. We are currently based in Saltaire, West Yorkshire (15 mins via regular train from Leeds) and we are opening a second office in Leeds city centre in January 2019. We’re looking for Full Stack PHP/JS Web Developers who are looking for a new challenge and can join us on our journey.
As a Full Stack PHP/JS Web Developer, your responsibilities will include:
- Adding new functionality that replaces business processes, maximising user productivity
- Researching system use to discover ways of providing a better experience for users
- Investigating system performance and devising optimisations in interface, code and architecture
- Participating in product development and technical ideas sessions
- Engaging in peer code reviews to improve team capability and quality
- Building new features and deploying systems to new customers
Required skills / experience:
- Diligent approach to security and scalability
- User-focused application design
- PHP7 and its use in OO MVC
- MySQL relational DB design and query writing
- Cross browser/device HTML and CSS
The following skills and experience would also help you stand out, however we can also help you learn these on the job where required:
- Version control (we use git)
- Use of CSS pre-processors and templating engines (we use SASS and Twig)
- Apache & MySQL performance tuning
Successful candidates will be subject to a Basic Disclosure (DBS) Check as part of our recruitment process.
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting which role you are applying for.
Not the job for you? We are also recruiting for other exciting roles. Visit https://www.fleetondemand.com/careers/ for further details.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT WORK WITH RECRUITMENT AGENCIES. THANK YOU.