Based in Saltaire
Salary: £26,000 – £36,000 (DOE)
At Fleetondemand, we develop, support and provide multiple services using our cloud-based applications within the vehicle leasing, rental, automotive and travel industries – namely, our award-winning Mobilleo platform. Fleetondemand brings together an exceptional mix of people, creative thinkers and talented individuals. The culture here at Fleetondemand is something we are incredibly proud of. With a diverse workforce, you will have the opportunity to work with friendly, respectful, innovative and professional people.
Our Development Team
Every product here at Fleetondemand has its own team made up of developers of different levels, as managed by a Product Director. Developers are responsible for the solutions that they work on, but also contribute to the efforts of the wider development team through discussions and code reviews. We pride ourselves on sharing best practices and learning across our product teams, and work with our colleagues across the wider business to understand the needs of our customers and their users.
What we’re looking for:
- You will have typically have more than two years prior experience in developing software, and are comfortable finding or devising software solutions to problems.
- You’ll have knowledge about IT from a software perspective.
- You will have a proven track record of building and maintaining web applications.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is not mandatory, but you will be enthusiastic about ongoing development and learning.
- You will have a positive and solution-orientated mindset.
- Good written and verbal English.
- Follow our coding style, best practices and help promote them across the team.
- Write modular, maintainable, performant and secure code.
- Demonstrate initiative when solving problems and propose effective solutions.
- Have the ability to identify and repair bugs in software.
- Build new features and tools for our software.
- Have a good understanding of the needs of front-end developers and API consumers who will be interfacing with your software.
- Be actively involved in product development and technical ideas sessions with other developers, business colleagues, external customers and suppliers.
- Provide thorough and timely code feedback for peers, generally leaving minimal work for later reviews / maintainers.
- Participate in the wider development lifecycle including requirements analysis, solution design & documentation.
- Proficiency with PHP is preferable, as is a good understanding of MVC or similar design patterns. We will consider candidates with experience of other OO languages.
- Be able to manage your own development environment.
- Comfortable using the command line and Linux tools.
- Good experience of relational databases.
- Have a working understanding of code version control.
- Actively engage in knowledge share with colleagues.
- Experience of software testing.
- Experience of other storage solutions such as key/value, document store, caching etc.
- Experience of working with a web application framework such as Sympfony, Laravel, Codelgniter etc.
- Enhanced understanding of security and performance.
- Experience of owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- DevOps experience.
- Experience of deploying and maintaining production systems.
We are extremely proud of our commitment to our employees and culture, and in return we offer:
- Cycle and Tech schemes
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 paid bank holidays)
- Day off for your Birthday
- Ability to buy and sell holidays
- Employee Hub/breakout area offering fresh fruit and cereals each day
- Private Healthcare scheme upon 1 years’ service
- 5 days paid occupational sick pay in a 12-month period upon 1 years’ service
- Friday cheers
- Excellent Opportunities for progression
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, to be confirmed to fit within the needs of the business.
If you’d like to join a proud Yorkshire Tech company that is passionate about its employees, then send your CV to email@example.com Please note that we do not work with any external recruitment agencies.